Something Saturday - Cascading Pleated Fold Card

Image
 Hi There Creators, I promised when I was showing off my swap cards from OnStage that I'd work out how to create a couple of cards I received. So, here we go, I have discovered they're called Cascading Pleated Fold Cards! (good start) Here are my 2 cards I made using this technique, I figured I could have a go at both landscape and portrait cards. 😍 The first one is made using the absolutely gorgeous Meandering Meadows Designer Series Paper . It took a bit of cutting to get it right as I wanted each scene in front to echo the scene behind, but I think I got it! Then the card I made up in the video ended up like this, I've used the Bright & Beautiful Designer Series Paper (which is happily continuing onto the next catalogue!), and the Ice Cream Swirl Bundle (again continuing on)   Although Sam (Mr 13 year old) did ask what flavour ice-cream is that meant to be?  I said Chocolate & Boysenberry (Hummm, Ok Mum....) 🤣 Anyway on to the measurements.... I worked out that

In Bloom Bundle/ UFO's

 Hi there Creators,

Today I've been trying (unsuccessfully) to clean up my desk, it's one of those jobs that you get started on then find things you haven't finished off.... 

So instead of cleaning I ended up finishing off a couple of things, hence the UFOs Unfinished Objects, as it turns out I end up using the In Bloom Bundle for both of them.

The first one was this card, which I'd previously stamped but hadn't got any further, so I added the ribbon and the gorgeous Artistry Blooms sequins and finished it off:

In Bloom Bundle, Stampin' Up!

The other project is a 3D one, for which I had the "bones" made up, specifically the outside box bit, but I had plans for the inside which hadn't happened, so finally I chose the colours and what I was going to decorate it with, and here's the finished article......

In Bloom bundle, Stampin' Up!

I admit I did do the inside first, however you get to see the outside first lol, it's a bit purple as I was thinking about a couple of friends who love purple (plus I currently have almost a full pack of Gorgeous Grape and 1/2 a pack of Highland Heather cardstock)  I love the stitched look with these Pierced Blooms dies, so as I'd stamped the side panels I thought I'd add a white stitched look to them too, just using the White Stampin' Chalk Marker

The inside is the bit that Tom (hubby) and the kids all said "Cool" to 😀

In Bloom bundle, Stampin' Up!

I was so chuffed with the way it turned out!  I've used some of the small flower dies on the top, and another flower to create the green leaves under it. With some of the beautiful Pastel Pearls.

Got a couple more photos of it too: bit more of an outside of the box shot, to show the stamping in more detail:

In Bloom bundle, Stampin' Up!

And a quick shot showing how the lid fits on:

In Bloom bundle, Stampin' Up!

Well What to do you think?  Do you want to have a go? it's not actually as hard as it looks lol

I hope it inspires you to have a go at something different!

God Bless love Heather xox

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fancy Fold Arrow Card with Video

Celebration of Tags

Share it Sunday Blog Hop