Something Saturday - Wiper Pop-Up Cars Card

 Hi There Creators

Well, I was shown a photo of one of these cards from one of my class ladies/downline the other day, and then bless her, Chris sent through the instructions for me.  Chris used the version from Dawn's Stamping Thoughts, I have "translated" it into A4 size and instructions, so this is my version (not sure if anyone else has done this too, it's not very hard!)

Anyway I looked at my stamp sets, and Racing By jumped out as one that would be perfect for this!  In the video I promise the measurements, so check those out below, but first the photos.....

So, this is the card closed:

(oh I also used the Happy Labels Pick a Punch for the saying to go on)
Stampin' Up! Racing By, Happy Labels Pick a Punch
then you pull it open, and voila, and extra car appears and takes the lead 😃 (I'm so excited with this! lol)

Stampin' Up! Racing By, Happy Labels Pick a Punch

I then showed hubby, who said, Oh do one with the red car in front and it could be Ben's Birthday card, he has a Mazda 370 Z, which he's quite proud of (and his birthday is fast approaching)


So then this card (in landscape form for a different spin) had to be created...... this time using Peaceful Season dies for the saying to go in (and a sneaky grey car which just happens to be the colour of his brothers car - although totally different type of car)

Stampin' Up! Racing By, peaceful season dies

Stampin' Up! Racing By, peaceful season dies

I'm soooo chuffed with the way these cards turned out!
Anyway on to the measurements for you:

For the Portrait (top card) take a Piece of A5 card, cut it to
14.8cm x 14.5cm
then cut the remaining piece down to 14.5 x 6.5cm 
With both pieces score one end at 2cm and 4cm 
here is my little "mud mappy" thingo:


For the Landscape version, you'll need:
10.5cm x 18.8cm  And 18.8cm x 7cm (sadly doesn't fit into an A5 sheet, but oldest son is worth it🤣)
Again both scored at 2cm and 4cm one end only

For Both, you'll need a mechanism piece, this is 4cm x 1.5cm, and a window sheet piece 4cm x 1cm.

In the video I do this all in black (umm that was clever!)  so you actually can't really see what I'm doing🤣  hence I have recreated it for photos with hopefully something that you can see and understand:
This mechanism piece gets folded at right angles each end to look like this
It then gets flipped over and one triangle attaches to the inside fold of the shorter piece of card, as shown.
Now flap out the mechanism and you'll need to cut a point into the window sheeting (shown here in blue) so it will fit nicely into the triangle in the mechanism.

Attach it in as shown

It should then fold down and in, like this, and the image attaches to the window sheeting (in this case blue card)

Once you've worked that out, you can then put all your card together.
If you missed the video here it is;



I hope this inspires you have a go at making this too, it really is quite simple once you've got the hang of the mechanism piece!  Do show me what you make!

God Bless love
Heather xox

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crafty Collaborations Sale-a-bration Blog Hop

Celebration of Tags

Share it Sunday Blog Hop