Something Saturday - Cascading Pleated Fold Card

Image
 Hi There Creators, I promised when I was showing off my swap cards from OnStage that I'd work out how to create a couple of cards I received. So, here we go, I have discovered they're called Cascading Pleated Fold Cards! (good start) Here are my 2 cards I made using this technique, I figured I could have a go at both landscape and portrait cards. 😍 The first one is made using the absolutely gorgeous Meandering Meadows Designer Series Paper . It took a bit of cutting to get it right as I wanted each scene in front to echo the scene behind, but I think I got it! Then the card I made up in the video ended up like this, I've used the Bright & Beautiful Designer Series Paper (which is happily continuing onto the next catalogue!), and the Ice Cream Swirl Bundle (again continuing on)   Although Sam (Mr 13 year old) did ask what flavour ice-cream is that meant to be?  I said Chocolate & Boysenberry (Hummm, Ok Mum....) 🤣 Anyway on to the measurements.... I worked out that

GDP #261

 Hi there Creators,

The Global Design Project #261 challenge this week is a colour challenge: (check out the link to see what others have done)

 

So I thought I'd join in again, and try out a card type I've seen someone else show off recently  I know it would have been on one of the Stampin' Up! facebook pages, I can't remember exactly what she used, but I liked the 3D'ness of it 😄 and I have no idea what the card is called possibly Diorama card would work?  anyway I set to work trying to work out how she'd done it (although I suspect if I could re-find hers she'd probably already done instructions lol)  I always seem to take the hard way.....

So here is my "take" on it using these colours.  The inside is the impressive bit.....

Ornate Layers Dies, Guilded Autumn Specialty DSP, Stampin' Up!Ornate Layers Dies, Guilded Autumn Specialty DSP, Stampin' Up!


The outside not so impressive, but check out that gorgeous Gilded Autumn Specialty Designer Series Paper!  I've teamed it up with the Ornate Layers Dies, and the super soft ribbon from the Basket Weave & Metallic Ribbon combo pack.

What do you think? have you had a go at this sort of card? and if so, what's it called? lol

If you've never made a card like this would you like to learn?  let me know!

I hope it inspires you to have a go.

God Bless love

Heather xox




Comments

  1. I saw your beautiful creation on the Global Design Project blog and had to come to your blog to see the details! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fancy Fold Arrow Card with Video

Celebration of Tags

Share it Sunday Blog Hop