Something Saturday - Hooray for Honeycomb Kit

Image
 Hi there Creators, Today I thought we'd take a look at one of the new Kits that Stampin' Up! has brought out, it's really fun!, the name "honeycomb" kind of gives it away🤣 There are 9 cards to create, and it's a nice simple kit, would make an excellent gift for anyone who is thinking of starting off with card-making, there's no stamping involved - it's all "stick it together" and everything is included to do this.  At $32 it works out to $3.56 per card (which let's face it is pretty cheap for a card these days!) So here are the cards you can make (3 of each): Don't you just love the matching envelopes? The front of each card has clear embossed shiny bits on it (most obvious on the rainbow card at the top! with my photography) And there you have it, I haven't had the chance to play around and see what else I can create with this kit yet, so if you get it and do play around, let me know what you do! If you missed the video here it

Something Saturday - Corner Fold Pop Out card

 Hi there Creators, 

well today is an original design by me, I've called it "Corner Fold Pop Out Card".  Last weekend was our big Multi-team weekend Creative Connections event, and I was doing a presentation on the Bright & Beautiful suite, and taught this card at the end.

In our video today I've used the Inked Botanicals Designer Series Paper which is the same one I was using in my Something Saturday card last week.  I love that is has a Vanilla Base colour rather than white - gives my white cardstock a bit of a rest! 😁

 Anyway let's show you the photos then instructions after....

So this is the card I taught at the Creative Connections event:

One of my friends suggested I should decorate the front of the card, so the one I did in the video now has this on the front of it: 
Inked Botanicals Paper, Cheerful Daisies, Stampin' Up!
Then when you open it up, the daisies pop out, I felt this paper went well with the Cheerful Daisies Dies, so I've used the dies to die cut direct from the Designer Paper

 

Inked Botanicals Paper, Cheerful Daisies, Stampin' Up!
And you really need to decorate both sides of the pop out element, hence another bunch of daisies on this side too as the piece isn't symmetrical, I've just added the second lot on the wrong way round (if that makes sense!)
 
Ok, so how to make this card you will need 
  • your usual A5 base card folded in 1/2 at 10.5cm, then folded in 1/2 the other way at 7.4cm
  • you'll also need 4 pieces of DSP measuring 2 3/4" x 4"
  • Piece of window sheeting (acetate) 1 1/2"x 3"
  • And decorative elements 
Take the base card and use a bone scorer to fold it and crease the lines well (fold both folds inwards)
Along the bottom edge measure 7.4cm out from the middle on both sides, and mark lightly with a pencil.  
Score from the pencil mark to the middle cross of your card, so you end up with a triangle at the bottom (see photo)
you will need to mountain fold the triangle at the bottom.  Before you add the window sheeting in you need to decorate it with the rectangles of Designer Paper
so imagine this next one has the Designer paper on it too, then sandwich the window sheeting into it and stick it well! (window sheeting coloured red here so you can see it)

Then decorate it up, word of warning - make sure when it folds up it will fit into your envelope, and also remember to decorate both sides of the window sheet.

If you missed the video here it is:

I hope this inspires you to have a go at this, if you do, let me know how it turns out!
 
God Bless love
Heather xox

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fancy Fold Arrow Card with Video

Celebration of Tags

Share it Sunday Blog Hop