Something Saturday - Citrus Blooms

Image
 Hi There Creators Today I thought it would be fun to try out a technique I haven't done in ages - Paper Tole, using the new Citrus Blooms stamp set and dies.  Every so often I come across a stamp set that inspires me to do a spot of Paper Tole'ing, and this one has lots of dimension to it perfect for this technique. To those of you who are saying "Paper Tole-what-ing?"  Paper Tole is a way of taking a picture and literally adding dimension by having several images of the same picture a and cutting out the various parts of it and laying them up, so the picture literally builds up and gives a 3D type image. I thought it would make a beautiful framed piece (and a nice gift for a friend) - let me know what you think.... I did team it up with the fabulous sayings from Unbounded Love Stamp set (the dies that go with this stamp set are a must have!)   Then to create shiny bits I've added some of the fine tip glue pen which dries shiny clear😍 I also said in the video I&

Something Saturday - Stage Window Card

 Hi There Creators,

The Zoo Crew Suite, just lends itself so perfectly to a stage setting that I just had to create an easy window card to show you.

Here's the first one I made before the video:

Stampin' Up!, Zoo Crew Suite

these images have been cut out from the Designer Series Paper, some of the dies do match the images, but these ones are fussy cut.

then in the video I start on making this one, and this is how it turns out.  I was thinking it would make a great Christmas Card, if I can find a saying with words from a Christmas Carol for it.  I loved the idea of having double curtains, let's face it most stages have extra curtaining behind the main first curtain, if I made it again I realised that I should have positioned the 2nd curtains upstage a bit, so you see the bottom of them - ah well trial and error!

Stampin' Up!, Zoo Crew Suite
Lol in the video I wonder what the sausage looking pieces are for, and then on reviewing the video I realised they could be tree decorations, I've just had another epiphany - curtain tie backs!!  Woo hoo 4 potential uses now: sausages, eyebrows, tree decorations and curtain tie backs 🤣  Now I'm feeling a bit stupid, I could see the deer feeding the hippo a sausage in the first card 🤣
Stampin' Up!, Zoo Crew Suite


If you missed the video here it is:

 

I hope this inspires you to create, if you have a go I'd love to see it.

God Bless love

Heather xox

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fancy Fold Arrow Card with Video

Celebration of Tags

Share it Sunday Blog Hop