Something Saturday - Citrus Blooms

Image
 Hi There Creators Today I thought it would be fun to try out a technique I haven't done in ages - Paper Tole, using the new Citrus Blooms stamp set and dies.  Every so often I come across a stamp set that inspires me to do a spot of Paper Tole'ing, and this one has lots of dimension to it perfect for this technique. To those of you who are saying "Paper Tole-what-ing?"  Paper Tole is a way of taking a picture and literally adding dimension by having several images of the same picture a and cutting out the various parts of it and laying them up, so the picture literally builds up and gives a 3D type image. I thought it would make a beautiful framed piece (and a nice gift for a friend) - let me know what you think.... I did team it up with the fabulous sayings from Unbounded Love Stamp set (the dies that go with this stamp set are a must have!)   Then to create shiny bits I've added some of the fine tip glue pen which dries shiny clear😍 I also said in the video I&

Something Saturday - Card in a Box

 Hi there Creators

Well I made a card in a box a couple of years ago and since then it's been going to craft shows with me and people have commented on it and asked if I had a tutorial, so I thought maybe it's high time I did one!

I also didn't entirely like the design I did the first time, so this gave me time to refine it a bit

here's my original one:

Card in a Box, Stampin' Up!

I decided I wasn't keen on the fact that it completely opens up and takes up a fair bit of space, so here's the one I made in the video:

Card in a Box, Stampin' Up!

As you can see I've left the back 2 pieces joined, so it creates a kind of wall, I thought it would look kind of cool if you could see a bit of a reflection of the back of the cake, using the gold foil.  Plus I absolutely adore this stamp set: Artistically Inked stamp set, along with some of the Gilded Leafing (kind of satisfies my gold craving 🤣)  I always find using Tombow (Multi purpose Liquid Glue) and Tear & Tape Adhesive works well to add the gilded leafing to.  You need to let the tombow dry a bit first so it doesn't squidge everywhere.

Anyway I said I'd share my measurements with you, so here goes..... bear in mind if you're stamping on the pieces, make sure you do that before gluing anything together!

First up you'll need a piece of card 2 parts wide by 3 parts long, I went with 19cm x 28.5cm, scored into squares of 9.5cm (see my mud map below) dotted lines scored, black line cut.

If you're using my measurements then your lid will need to measure 12.6cm square, and score 1.5cm in on each side, if you're trying out a different size you want to add 1mm to the size of the squares in your box, then allow extra for the lid sides (with mine it's 9.6cm plus 1.5cm extra for each side, hence 12.6cm)

The circles I used the Layering circles dies to find the diameter I cut the circles with scrap paper first, folded them in 1/2 and measured it (the diameter is the line length across the middle of the circle).  From the diameter, you then times the result by 3.14 (Pi), and the number you get is the circumference (all the way round the edge of the circle) which is the length of card you need for the cake sides plus 1cm to create an overlap flap to glue it together.   At this point I will say it doesn't have to be exact, because you could come up with some weird numbers lol.

You'll then need to decide how high you want your cake tiers, my base tier is 3cm high and the top one 4cm.  You'll need to add 2cm to each of these (so 5cm and 6cm respectively)  and score 1cm in on each side, then you snip in to the score line to create a kind of fringe on both sides, this will allow the cardstock to bend around (see photo)

Make this "fringed" piece into a circle and secure it together (you have hopefully allowed the 1cm over-flap, as I mentioned)  And I reckon that's about it for the measurements 😊

If any of it doesn't make sense, hopefully the video will!  if not let me know.  Here's the video:



Well...... as I say in my in person classes - now it's your turn!

I hope this inspires you create

God bless love

Heather xox


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fancy Fold Arrow Card with Video

Celebration of Tags

Share it Sunday Blog Hop