Something Saturday - Citrus Blooms

Image
 Hi There Creators Today I thought it would be fun to try out a technique I haven't done in ages - Paper Tole, using the new Citrus Blooms stamp set and dies.  Every so often I come across a stamp set that inspires me to do a spot of Paper Tole'ing, and this one has lots of dimension to it perfect for this technique. To those of you who are saying "Paper Tole-what-ing?"  Paper Tole is a way of taking a picture and literally adding dimension by having several images of the same picture a and cutting out the various parts of it and laying them up, so the picture literally builds up and gives a 3D type image. I thought it would make a beautiful framed piece (and a nice gift for a friend) - let me know what you think.... I did team it up with the fabulous sayings from Unbounded Love Stamp set (the dies that go with this stamp set are a must have!)   Then to create shiny bits I've added some of the fine tip glue pen which dries shiny clear😍 I also said in the video I&

Something Saturday - Tulip Fields

 Hi there Creators,

well finally the Tulip Fields came off the ship and into stock.... and then out to me!

Today in my video I showed the Tulip Fields Bundle, and then only used the stamp set to create a quick and easy card.  However I did figure I could use the dies next Saturday, so come back again to find out what I do with the dies!

However today's video, in one of our Stampin' Up! events one of the demos used this set, and showed us how to line up the perspective Tulip fields

Here is the card I created:

Tulip Fields Bundle, Stampin' Up!,  Being CreateAble with Heather

I have to admit if I was making again, I think I'd stamp the windmill first, as I stamped it after the tulips and it kind of "floated" above them, hence the line of blue border flowers!

Anyway lining up the triangles is quite easy, stamp the long double one first, to create the "horizon", then the middle one, then 2 more either side - lets face it how many times do you see flowers really precise?, so I reckon we can get away with it being "close enough"

To get the clouds I've used the same blue as the blue border flowers (Pacific Point) but as that was a bit dark for the clouds I've stamped off first on scrap paper.  And the last thing I did was using my blender pen to "pull" the colour from the edges of the windmill, so it wasn't quite so white.

And there you have it a nice simple one layer card!

Click here to see the products I used:  What Heather used 

check out the video here: 



I hope this inspires you to create, remember things don't have to be complicated.

God Bless love

Heather xox

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fancy Fold Arrow Card with Video

Celebration of Tags

Share it Sunday Blog Hop