Something Saturday - Hooray for Honeycomb Kit

Image
 Hi there Creators, Today I thought we'd take a look at one of the new Kits that Stampin' Up! has brought out, it's really fun!, the name "honeycomb" kind of gives it away🤣 There are 9 cards to create, and it's a nice simple kit, would make an excellent gift for anyone who is thinking of starting off with card-making, there's no stamping involved - it's all "stick it together" and everything is included to do this.  At $32 it works out to $3.56 per card (which let's face it is pretty cheap for a card these days!) So here are the cards you can make (3 of each): Don't you just love the matching envelopes? The front of each card has clear embossed shiny bits on it (most obvious on the rainbow card at the top! with my photography) And there you have it, I haven't had the chance to play around and see what else I can create with this kit yet, so if you get it and do play around, let me know what you do! If you missed the video here it

What to do with your cardstock scraps

 Hi there Creators,

I've seen a few people doing this recently so thought I'd jump on the proverbial band wagon 😄

I did a facebook live on this, and have converted the video to Youtube so I can add it to this (wow I'm getting good with technology - sort of...)

However first up the cards I've made, as I've mentioned in the video I had a heap of cut off pieces of card which have been littering my craft desk for ages, and rather than chuck them in the bin (or in my scrappy container) I figured I'd have a go at this:

So, basically you start off with a rectangular piece of card, and start sticking down the strips you have onto it, I like to start in the middle and work my way to the edges, and I also leave a gap between the strips.  Either as you go, or when you get to the end you can trim off all the excess pieces.  Stick the whole thing onto a card, and add a greeting, Voila!

I found some "Tis the Season" Christmas Designer Series papers that I had a heap of strips left over, so the next cards I made with that.....

Tis the Season, Stampin' Up!

Tis the Season, Stampin' Up!

remarkably easy and quite effective, have a go!  let me know how you go with it, here's the video in case you want to see me in action 😄

I hope this inspires you to get out those scraps and do something with them.

God Bless love

Heather xox

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fancy Fold Arrow Card with Video

Celebration of Tags

Share it Sunday Blog Hop