Something Saturday - Hooray for Honeycomb Kit

Image
 Hi there Creators, Today I thought we'd take a look at one of the new Kits that Stampin' Up! has brought out, it's really fun!, the name "honeycomb" kind of gives it away🤣 There are 9 cards to create, and it's a nice simple kit, would make an excellent gift for anyone who is thinking of starting off with card-making, there's no stamping involved - it's all "stick it together" and everything is included to do this.  At $32 it works out to $3.56 per card (which let's face it is pretty cheap for a card these days!) So here are the cards you can make (3 of each): Don't you just love the matching envelopes? The front of each card has clear embossed shiny bits on it (most obvious on the rainbow card at the top! with my photography) And there you have it, I haven't had the chance to play around and see what else I can create with this kit yet, so if you get it and do play around, let me know what you do! If you missed the video here it

Bikers Father's Day card

 Hi there Creators Happy Father's Day!

some of you may know that my husband Tom, has an Indian Dark Horse motorbike, he recently got a new helmet for it (which at the time I said, you know that's your Father's day presy!)  anyway I thought I'd make an appropriate "biker" card - here is the bike! (he's keen on matt black)

So I figured I could maybe make a helmet card, my initial attempt wasn't too successful and after checking with child #2 Josh (also loves motorbikes) it got re-vamped and here is the final result, which I'm pleased to say Tom was impressed with :)

Bike helmet card
As you can see I've used some window sheeting for the visor with a couple of brads -one each side so the card bottom can separate, and the visor can go up and down (I was pretty cuffed to be able to do this!)
Bike Helmet card
Although the main join is at the top (I started with an A4 sheet folded in 1/2, and cut from that)  I've added the silver mouth breathing piece, this does join up one side of the card, which then limits how you can open the card.
Bike helmet card
so I turned the card over and scored a line that could be flapped back.
Bike helmet card
which I then attached a piece of white for the boys to write on
bike helmet card

And that's that!  the most difficult parts of it was getting the shape right and working out how to cut the visor, I ended up having to review the real helmet a number of times.

Have you tried making a card that has a rather different shape to it?  show me what you've made!

I hope this inspires you to have a go!

God Bless love

Heather xox







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fancy Fold Arrow Card with Video

Celebration of Tags

Share it Sunday Blog Hop