Something Saturday - Citrus Blooms

Image
 Hi There Creators Today I thought it would be fun to try out a technique I haven't done in ages - Paper Tole, using the new Citrus Blooms stamp set and dies.  Every so often I come across a stamp set that inspires me to do a spot of Paper Tole'ing, and this one has lots of dimension to it perfect for this technique. To those of you who are saying "Paper Tole-what-ing?"  Paper Tole is a way of taking a picture and literally adding dimension by having several images of the same picture a and cutting out the various parts of it and laying them up, so the picture literally builds up and gives a 3D type image. I thought it would make a beautiful framed piece (and a nice gift for a friend) - let me know what you think.... I did team it up with the fabulous sayings from Unbounded Love Stamp set (the dies that go with this stamp set are a must have!)   Then to create shiny bits I've added some of the fine tip glue pen which dries shiny clear😍 I also said in the video I&

What has Heather been playing with?

Hi Everyone,
I thought I'd show you what I've been playing with today.
One of my "jobs" for today was to create a card that is quick & easy to duplicate to go in some special boxes.  The guys and girls at Biker Charity Support Group (BCSG) of which Tom and I are members, decided to fund raise to purchase a "Cuddle Cot" for one of the local hospitals, we managed to raise the $5300 for the cot itself and also raised enough for 6 memory boxes on top.  I thought it would be an idea to add some cards into the memory boxes, as I remember one of my friends when she lost her son, needed to write some cards to people to thank them for their support.  This was my first draft:

there are boxes for boys and ones for girls hence the different colours, Oh I should probably also explain that we have had fundraising pins produced for the cause, this is what they look like 1/2 blue 1/2 pink
Anyway I wasn't 100% convinced on this card, so back to the craft room and came up with this one, which I'm happier with and the members have voted they prefer too
I have used the new Ribbon of Courage stamp set with matching Support Ribbon Framelit dies and Yea they come as a Bundle! 
So having worked that out I thought I should also see what else I could come up with 😊  Thinking ahead to Craft Alive next weekend, and the Make'n'take that we offer on our stand, I came up with this little bookmark:
Oh my goodness I do love this set!!  Oh and this also uses one of the new punches Circle Tab Punch, me think's you'll be seeing more of this on my blog.......lol  in fact in the next card ha ha....

might look a bit similar, however I figured that the bookmark should be shown on a card too!  plus another new punch that I bought Decorative Ribbon Border Punch (Oh I just love new catalogue time!)  Anyway in case you didn't notice the punch creates the pretty textured ribbon down the side of the card.
And my last offering for today I figured the ribbon doesn't just have to be a ribbon (plus I saw someone else had done this at one of the Stampin' Up! OnStage presentations)
Da da.... yes it can also be a vase! (the flowers and leaves are in with the framelits, and I've just coloured them in with Stampin' write markers.)

So there you go now you know what I have been playing with lol!
I hope this inspires you to create
God Bless love
Heather xox

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fancy Fold Arrow Card with Video

Celebration of Tags

Share it Sunday Blog Hop