Something Saturday - Citrus Blooms

Image
 Hi There Creators Today I thought it would be fun to try out a technique I haven't done in ages - Paper Tole, using the new Citrus Blooms stamp set and dies.  Every so often I come across a stamp set that inspires me to do a spot of Paper Tole'ing, and this one has lots of dimension to it perfect for this technique. To those of you who are saying "Paper Tole-what-ing?"  Paper Tole is a way of taking a picture and literally adding dimension by having several images of the same picture a and cutting out the various parts of it and laying them up, so the picture literally builds up and gives a 3D type image. I thought it would make a beautiful framed piece (and a nice gift for a friend) - let me know what you think.... I did team it up with the fabulous sayings from Unbounded Love Stamp set (the dies that go with this stamp set are a must have!)   Then to create shiny bits I've added some of the fine tip glue pen which dries shiny clear😍 I also said in the video I&

Making the Most of Your Bigshot (creations)

Hi everyone,
as promised here are some of the creations I've made up with the techniques I am teaching at the "Making the most of your Bigshot" Class
 These first 2 cards show partial embossing techniques, funny thing with this first one, is that I'd chosen the Holly Embossing folder, so then it was blue! Umm wasn't too sure about a blue Christmas card like this, however the holly really isn't appropriate for anything other than Christmas! So I added the Seasonal Bells Stamp set and the Bell Punch.  Then when I was making it I had to grab a new sheet of grid paper for underneath (and I usually reuse the ones from class).  And I have to show you the photo I took as I discovered that I had Christmas sentiment already stamped on the grid paper, it made me laugh, as lets face it April isn't the usual time to create Christmas cards :) so hopefully you can see the sentiment under my card says "Warm heartfelt greetings for a Very Merry Christmas" how appropriate - lol!
Ok onto the 2nd partially embossed card: this one has an oval in the centre that isn't embossed, so you can stamp in the middle of it. I've used the Lovely Lace Embossing folder
Next up a partial cutting technique we used butterflies or dragonflies in this case the Detailed Dragonfly thinlit dies, to make them flutter off the page!
Both the ladies on Wednesday loved this technique, and I love the way it looks on a card

This card was finished off with the "Wild About Flowers" photopolymer stamp set the Thistles in this set are really pretty









We also went through Embossing with Thinlits and framelits, which is where this card comes in using the Up and Away Thinlits.
I just love the fact that you can do so much more with your bigshot than just the obvious!  

Oh and another thing we did was creating our own stamps using dies.


Again using the Detailed Dragonfly thinlits I've created this card.  A bit of Dazzling Diamonds Stampin' Glitter over top of the wings, and I love it!

If you are interested in doing my "Making the Most of Your Bigshot class"  I have 2 more dates scheduled in May - Wednesday 10th (evening) and Sunday 28th (afternoon) or should I call that a "Crafternoon" lol 😊


Another post to come with some more of the creations I've made from our samples .......... (watch this spot as they say, alternatively just keep an eye on my blog 😃)




Anyway I hope this has inspired to you create.
God Bless love
Heather xox

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fancy Fold Arrow Card with Video

Celebration of Tags

Share it Sunday Blog Hop