Something Saturday - Citrus Blooms

Image
 Hi There Creators Today I thought it would be fun to try out a technique I haven't done in ages - Paper Tole, using the new Citrus Blooms stamp set and dies.  Every so often I come across a stamp set that inspires me to do a spot of Paper Tole'ing, and this one has lots of dimension to it perfect for this technique. To those of you who are saying "Paper Tole-what-ing?"  Paper Tole is a way of taking a picture and literally adding dimension by having several images of the same picture a and cutting out the various parts of it and laying them up, so the picture literally builds up and gives a 3D type image. I thought it would make a beautiful framed piece (and a nice gift for a friend) - let me know what you think.... I did team it up with the fabulous sayings from Unbounded Love Stamp set (the dies that go with this stamp set are a must have!)   Then to create shiny bits I've added some of the fine tip glue pen which dries shiny clear😍 I also said in the video I&

But Wait there's more Bigshot creations.....

Hi Everyone,
At the end of the last post I did say I'd be adding another one using up some of the bits that we created the other day (admittedly a couple of these are ones I'd created before the class, but as they Oooh'd and Ahhh'd over them appropriately, I thought I'd best share with the wider world too 😁
First up using the Butterflies Thinlits dies. All these cards use the partial cutting technique.

and this one uses theStarBlast Edgelits 



 I did take another photo closeup of the die cut bit, here it is!
It's made up as an Easel Card, so the die cut pops out of the top (might need to create a stamp for this one too, as I did think it would look pretty cool with the die cut stamped into the gap on the card!).... thinking on that one......!

Moving onto this last card to show you today, again using the Butterflies thinlit die, as a partial cut I've added silver foil cardstock behind it and I'm not sure the photos really do it justice, but wow, it's amazing! the foil reflects back the colours, like a mirror, behind the Designer Series Paper (which of course are the colours that are on the edge of the card - having folded the edges back to show them), I've taken a couple more photos to see if I can show you it a bit better:

What do you think?  I'd love to hear your comments, or if you've tried anything like this before.
There's still 2 more dates left in May for my Making the Most of your Bigshot class, where I'll be teaching this technique, do let me know if you're interested!
And I hope this has inspired you to Create!
God Bless love
Heather xox

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fancy Fold Arrow Card with Video

Celebration of Tags

Share it Sunday Blog Hop