Something Saturday - Cascading Pleated Fold Card

Image
 Hi There Creators, I promised when I was showing off my swap cards from OnStage that I'd work out how to create a couple of cards I received. So, here we go, I have discovered they're called Cascading Pleated Fold Cards! (good start) Here are my 2 cards I made using this technique, I figured I could have a go at both landscape and portrait cards. 😍 The first one is made using the absolutely gorgeous Meandering Meadows Designer Series Paper . It took a bit of cutting to get it right as I wanted each scene in front to echo the scene behind, but I think I got it! Then the card I made up in the video ended up like this, I've used the Bright & Beautiful Designer Series Paper (which is happily continuing onto the next catalogue!), and the Ice Cream Swirl Bundle (again continuing on)   Although Sam (Mr 13 year old) did ask what flavour ice-cream is that meant to be?  I said Chocolate & Boysenberry (Hummm, Ok Mum....) 🤣 Anyway on to the measurements.... I worked out that

Christmas in July (next months classes)

Hi Everyone,
well finally, been meaning to do this for ages! we're going to do Christmas in July classes!
This post is for my 4 Cards class, which will be on Saturday 14th July at 10am in Maryborough (school holidays hence pushed back a week)  Then Wednesday 18th July at 10.30am and 7.30pm in Laanecoorie in my classroom.
Here are the cards in no particular order, all very traditional Green and Red colours! lets face it when you think of Christmas those are the immediate colours that come to mind!
 Alright so this first card uses the new Christmas stamp set "Mistletoe Season", I love the way there is a gap in the mistletoe (or in my case holly - red berries) for the ribbon to sit in, and it is a 2 step stamp set, the greenery has 2 stamps, and the bow is made up of 2 stamps too. Quite like the fun writing font too!
 How cute is the snowman with his little bunny peeping out behind?  This is the Seasonal Chums Stamp set, which has been around a while, but I've only just succumbed to it! the sayings are a bit small, but sometimes you don't need large sayings!
continuing on the Red and Green theme lol, Oh wow how awesome is this embossing folder? it has a really long name, are you ready?  
Sadly this photo doesn't seem to show up the cute little Red Rhinestone jewels, it was hard to get a good photo with the dangly bauble in the middle!, Oh and the stamp set is the very versatile
Lastly the not quite so green (Coastal Cabana), but definitely still red, with one of my favourite Christmas sets "Snowflake Sentiments", again I love the script with this set, and the snowflakes are rather beautiful! I have this set in wood, but rather wish now that I had it clear, as there are 3 little snowflakes on one stamp, that I think I would cut apart if I had it in clear!  I've also used the absolutely stunning Delicate Lace Edgelits Dies.  There's 2 others in the set as well, oh my goodness they are all stunning!

Well that's it for now!
I hope you can make it to one of my classes (do let me know if you plan to come) if you can't make it I hope this has inspired you to create!

God Bless Love
Heather xox

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fancy Fold Arrow Card with Video

Celebration of Tags

Share it Sunday Blog Hop