Something Saturday - Cascading Pleated Fold Card

Image
 Hi There Creators, I promised when I was showing off my swap cards from OnStage that I'd work out how to create a couple of cards I received. So, here we go, I have discovered they're called Cascading Pleated Fold Cards! (good start) Here are my 2 cards I made using this technique, I figured I could have a go at both landscape and portrait cards. 😍 The first one is made using the absolutely gorgeous Meandering Meadows Designer Series Paper . It took a bit of cutting to get it right as I wanted each scene in front to echo the scene behind, but I think I got it! Then the card I made up in the video ended up like this, I've used the Bright & Beautiful Designer Series Paper (which is happily continuing onto the next catalogue!), and the Ice Cream Swirl Bundle (again continuing on)   Although Sam (Mr 13 year old) did ask what flavour ice-cream is that meant to be?  I said Chocolate & Boysenberry (Hummm, Ok Mum....) 🤣 Anyway on to the measurements.... I worked out that

And now for something completely different...

Hi Creators,
No it's not Monty Python lol, but I thought I'd show you something that I'd been planning to create for a while, then necessity got the best of me!

So my family seem to get through quite a few soft drink cans, and it's always seemed a bit of a waste for them all go to off to the recycling bin, and whilst I was trolling through Pinterest I discovered a few things that you can do with them, hence we started washing and saving them up.

So how do you take this:
and turn it into this?
What happened was that one of my husbands friends came over for the weekend and all of a sudden my recliner chair was commandeered lol (which I didn't begrudge) however I do like to put my feet up, so having been saving up the cans I figured I might have enough to have a go at the footstool.

Out with the hot glue gun, I'm sorry I don't have any photos of the in between stages, however this is how it goes....
  • Collect enough cans
  • hot glue them together
  • hot glue ribbon/strapping round them to keep them together
  • then glue a second layer of cans to the top of the first layer, strap them too I found it best to add the glue to the bottom of the individual cans then kind of drizzle it into the gaps.
  • add strapping round to tie together both layers
  • Add a layer of foam round the side, and one on top
  • create a cover for it!
  • Voila all done :)
these are the photos I did remember to take!



And that folks is what I got up to this last weekend (because you've got to have a craft project on the go and every so often actually finish it! lol)
I hope this inspires you to look at your recycling in a fresh new way lol
God Bless love
Heahter

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fancy Fold Arrow Card with Video

Celebration of Tags

Share it Sunday Blog Hop