Something Saturday - Blackout Embossing

Image
  Hi there Creators Today I'm showing you a technique I learnt just recently - Janine Rawlins had put it up on her FB, and as soon as I saw it I had to go and have a go!  OH MY GOODNESS!! If you haven't come across it before and you have a plentiful supply of embossing folders, I suspect you will be like me too.🤣 So here are the creations I made then I'll give you a brief rundown on how to do it: (I may have got a little carried away......) First up: Fern 3D embossing folder and one of the embossing folders from Stripes & Splatters 3D embossing folders . Then the other embossing folder from Stripes & Splatters is the Pretty Peacock one, and the purple one is one of the Basics 3D embossing Folders Then lastly the 2 embossing folders from Fun Patterns embossing folders (these aren't 3D folders, but they still work 😍) Don't they look great? So, here is the way to do it.....  For these ones I started off with a piece of white cardstock, embossed it, then

How to create longer punched shapes

Hi Creators!

I made a video the other day, which I managed to YouTube and Facebook, but didn't quite manage to get to the blog post too, so here we go!

I thought I'd share how to make your punched shapes longer (and shorter) than the punch itself, and if you're anything like me, sometimes it's easier to read and have photos than it is to watch the video, but I'll pop a link at the end for the video too!

Here goes.....
take the punch you want to elongate, and measure the widest part of the punch
Cut a strip of card to this size in this case it's 38mm.
thread it into the side of the punch and out of the middle of the punch and punch one end of it
Next stamp the image you want on it, see how this doesn't fit into the punch?
So then thread the punched end out of the middle of the punch, line it up and punch again
Voila.... Longer punched shape with the pretty edges :)
You can do this with a variety of punches, as shown below
to make the shape smaller do the same thing, but just don't pull the shape through the middle of the punch.  Easy Peasy!  let me know how you get on with it

And now for the video link.....
Happy Creating
God Bless love
Heather xox



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fancy Fold Arrow Card with Video

Celebration of Tags

Share it Sunday Blog Hop