Something Saturday - Cascading Pleated Fold Card

Image
 Hi There Creators, I promised when I was showing off my swap cards from OnStage that I'd work out how to create a couple of cards I received. So, here we go, I have discovered they're called Cascading Pleated Fold Cards! (good start) Here are my 2 cards I made using this technique, I figured I could have a go at both landscape and portrait cards. 😍 The first one is made using the absolutely gorgeous Meandering Meadows Designer Series Paper . It took a bit of cutting to get it right as I wanted each scene in front to echo the scene behind, but I think I got it! Then the card I made up in the video ended up like this, I've used the Bright & Beautiful Designer Series Paper (which is happily continuing onto the next catalogue!), and the Ice Cream Swirl Bundle (again continuing on)   Although Sam (Mr 13 year old) did ask what flavour ice-cream is that meant to be?  I said Chocolate & Boysenberry (Hummm, Ok Mum....) 🤣 Anyway on to the measurements.... I worked out that

Oooo Limited Time bundle!

Hi there Stampers!

from 1st November there are limited time items, it's called Snowflake Showcase (although if you're a demonstrator, you can get yours now!)  The reason it's limited time is that once stocks run out that's the end of it, so if you think it's for you, let me know and I'll get onto ordering yours on 1st November! (I suspect it'll be popular)  In the "showcase" you purchase the products individually, there are:
  • 2 different photopolymer stamp sets: Snow is Glistening ($37), and Happiness Surrounds ($30)
  • 1 set of dies that cuts out from both stamp sets (and more) Snowfall thinlit dies - it's got 20 dies in it! and it's only $68!
  • fabulous snowflake trinkets (they're so pretty) 20 metallic snowflakes for $12.75
  • White Velvet Paper (Oh it feels so good....lol) two 12x12" sheets priced at $8.75

Ok so, "show me Heather"  alright! lol
here are some of the cards I've had fun making with it so far:
this was my first card I made, as you can see Happiness Surrounds stamp set isn't Christmassy!
 and a close up of the flowers, uses the dies from the set, and just a spot of sponging over them, with the Twinkle adhesive backed sequins in the centre of the flowers (they look way better in real life than I can seem to make them look in a photo!)
next up I made a Christmas card with just some of the beautiful snowflake dies and the Snow is Glistening Stamp set, I've added Rhinestone Basic jewels to each of my snowflakes
Then I continued on with the snowflakes..... and combined the stamp sets (as you do!) there is a large snowflake that cuts out, and I thought it would be good to use the negative image too, which is what I've done with this card.  The words are from the Snow is Glistening stamp set and the stamped design image is from the Happiness Surrounds set.
couldn't resist a bit of the Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint on the inside snowflake!
Then I had to use the largest snowflake (obviously not the pre-cut out one that would be way to logical- still playing with that)
Then I moved on again (back to the Snow is Glistening Stamp set) and probably the main reason I bought this set
Just love this tree!, I've used a bit of Wink of Stella Clear over the snowflakes, makes them glisten
And the last photo I have for you today is all the dies cut out, I figured if I cut them all out and took a photo it's easier to see them and work out what I wanted to do with them.
So if you think these look like goodies you'd like to add to your collection, let me know (as mentioned I can't order them till the 1st Nov for you) however if you are thinking of joining Stampin' Up! you can get them now! by either adding them to your own choice starter kit, or get the special starter kit deal: Ready Set Starter Kit (scroll down to see the limited time option) and then purchase them at 20% off!

I hope this inspires you to create.
God Bless love
Heather xox 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fancy Fold Arrow Card with Video

Celebration of Tags

Share it Sunday Blog Hop