Something Saturday - Cascading Pleated Fold Card

Image
 Hi There Creators, I promised when I was showing off my swap cards from OnStage that I'd work out how to create a couple of cards I received. So, here we go, I have discovered they're called Cascading Pleated Fold Cards! (good start) Here are my 2 cards I made using this technique, I figured I could have a go at both landscape and portrait cards. 😍 The first one is made using the absolutely gorgeous Meandering Meadows Designer Series Paper . It took a bit of cutting to get it right as I wanted each scene in front to echo the scene behind, but I think I got it! Then the card I made up in the video ended up like this, I've used the Bright & Beautiful Designer Series Paper (which is happily continuing onto the next catalogue!), and the Ice Cream Swirl Bundle (again continuing on)   Although Sam (Mr 13 year old) did ask what flavour ice-cream is that meant to be?  I said Chocolate & Boysenberry (Hummm, Ok Mum....) 🤣 Anyway on to the measurements.... I worked out that

EurekaStamper challenge Day 1

Hi Everyone,
Simone, the team leader of EurekaStampers (Stampin' Up Team) issued a challenge on our Facebook group a day or two ago, to create something everyday for the first week of October.
Today was to use a stamp set that we haven't inked up before (or not much).
I bought Graveyard Gate, for 2 reasons, the first is that it bundles with the gorgeous Detailed Gate Thinlits Die, and the second was for this card (which I finally got around to making tonight).  I also quite like the "You're Invited" in it too.
However I'm sure you're keen to see the card, so I'll stop waffling :)

How well do the gravestones work as Chess Pieces? (not that I actually know anyone who plays chess) I showed Tom (husband for those uninitiated), and he suggested the saying that I will admit to printing out on my printer.

Figured while I was here, I should also show you the Detailed Gate Thinlits too, I made this card up  a few weeks ago, for a lad who was turning 21, so far it hasn't made it to him yet!
What do you think? it has a belly band that goes round the middle that the "21" is connected to, along with the cute little key.  The 21 is cut from Dazzling Diamond glimmer Cardstock with the Large Number framelit dies, then sponged with Dapper Denim ink.  I love this graduated look.

What do you think of this bundle? What would you create with it?
 I hope this inspires you to create.
God Bless love
Heather xox


Comments

  1. This really is so clever Heather! Well done. And well done to Tom - the saying is perfect :) Simone

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fancy Fold Arrow Card with Video

Celebration of Tags

Share it Sunday Blog Hop