Something Saturday - Cascading Pleated Fold Card

Image
 Hi There Creators, I promised when I was showing off my swap cards from OnStage that I'd work out how to create a couple of cards I received. So, here we go, I have discovered they're called Cascading Pleated Fold Cards! (good start) Here are my 2 cards I made using this technique, I figured I could have a go at both landscape and portrait cards. 😍 The first one is made using the absolutely gorgeous Meandering Meadows Designer Series Paper . It took a bit of cutting to get it right as I wanted each scene in front to echo the scene behind, but I think I got it! Then the card I made up in the video ended up like this, I've used the Bright & Beautiful Designer Series Paper (which is happily continuing onto the next catalogue!), and the Ice Cream Swirl Bundle (again continuing on)   Although Sam (Mr 13 year old) did ask what flavour ice-cream is that meant to be?  I said Chocolate & Boysenberry (Hummm, Ok Mum....) 🤣 Anyway on to the measurements.... I worked out that

Eureka Stamper Challenge Day 2

Hi Everyone,
oops this was yesterday's challenge, to find the largest stamp we own and create something with it!

As I have a few background stamps I thought I'd ink up one I haven't used much Marbled Background Stamp.
I wanted to create a multi-coloured effect, but the idea of using Stampin' Write Markers on such a large stamp wasn't so appealing, so I tried out the "Baby Wipe" Technique, but wasn't too impressed with the way it inked up.
So my next option was spritzing......
and this is how it came out:
I did feel this was kind of pink, which is great if you're a big "Pink" fan, but I'm generally not lol.
So then I made up another one using more green and blues
This is more my colours, but of course once I had it made I then thought I maybe preferred the Pink one! generally I'm pretty happy with the way it worked.
To make them I have had the stamp sitting in my bin, and I sprayed colour onto it (drops of re-inker, mixed with Isocol alcohol liquid into the Stampin' Spritzers), I've used 3 or 4 different colours, then having the stamp still the wrong way up, I've moved it onto my table and pressed the card onto it. You don't want to get the stamp too wet or it blurs the image too much.

Then with these 2 cards I've heat embossed the Stylized Birthday stamp. Love this stamp it's nice and easy to use, always gives a great image, and it's big enough to make a great card on it's own!

Well that's it for challenge day 2 (little late admittedly) I'll see how I go with challenge day #3 hopefully will be back later..... watch this space as they say!

Hope this inspires you to create!
God Bless love
Heather xox

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fancy Fold Arrow Card with Video

Celebration of Tags

Share it Sunday Blog Hop